Wednesday, April 24, 2013

An Unexpected Journey: Days 5 and 6 in London and Oxford | Travel

     I was determined to blog all of my days in London during the week that I returned back from my trip. Too bad I'm a world class procrastinator. But, nevertheless, here they are; my photos! *insert happy dance here* 
     Day 5 in England we toured the Tower of London. The Tower of London is home to the world famous Royal Crown Jewels, which were absolutely spectacular. If you ever travel to London, this is a must. Unfortunately, we weren't permitted to take pictures, but I bought lots of postcards to make up for it.
     That evening, my wonderful mother surprised me with tickets to see One Direction at the O2 Arena. I knew I had an inner fan girl, but evidently my mom does, too. Most amazing mom award? I think yes. 
     On day 6, our last day in this amazing country, we took the train out to Oxford to spend the day exploring. I am personally a huge C.S. Lewis fan, so this was another highlight of the trip because Lewis taught at Oxford University from 1925-1954 and wrote multiple books in this stunning city. The city is such a huge contrast to London. The streets are small and concenctrated and the residents basically walk everywhere. This was the nice part about taking in Oxford, because we were able to walk everywhere and go at our own pace. Such a charming city. I would have loved to spend more time in Oxford, but I suppose I had to step out of Narnia at some point in time and return to the real world. But as I asked myself if I would ever return, I remembered the words of Professor Kirke in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
"I expect so, probably when you least expect it. What's to say? Keep your eyes open." 
And so ended my unexpected journey to England, one which I will never forget.












No comments:

Post a Comment